WHAT IS SCOSIC?
To enhance the lives of seniors by centralizing service, resource and program information, promoting a healthier senior community.
We promote the emotional, social and physical well-being of senior citizens through a network of community connections and services.
Your gateway to resources, services and programs
When you visit or call SCOSIC you’re well on your way to accessing thousands of resources, services, and programs available to Southwest Valley residents who are age 60+. Think of us as a gateway to a full range of community education, services and resources to help seniors and their caregivers maintain independence, security and quality of life.
Online Resources: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Information and Assistance’s resource database: online database that contains a listing of resources in Maricopa County available to seniors and their caregivers
- Information and Assistance Document Center: variety of consumer directories and resource lists for Maricopa County in PDF format.
The services of SCOSIC are free. Some of the community resources we link people with do have eligibility criteria and costs.
SCOSIC - Empowering you to protect your rights
SCOSIC empowers persons of all ages to utilize their legal and consumer rights! Call or email SCOSIC with any questions, meet with a specialist, or do-it-yourself by downloading documents from our website.
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Local Resources
- Health and Research Links
- Senior Citizens Advisory Committee (SCAC)
- Senior Education
- State and Federal Government Resources
Finding what you need when you need it is not always easy. SCOSIC is committed to providing a full range of community education, services, and resources to help Maricopa County seniors, people with disabilities and their caregivers, maintain independence, security and quality of life. Advocates will help you explore your options to find the best solution for your situation.
Here's a list of additional options SCOSIC may offer:
- Medical References-doctors, dentists, vision, chiropractic, etc
- Restaurant Guide
- Cooking Classes
- Wine Classes
- Computer Classes
- Adult Care Information
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
- Senior Information and Resource Directory